Responsible for the overall performance of Rig, ensuring delivery of performance targets and goals.
· Responsible for preparing and managing the budget / forecasts in line with overall plans for the Rig and contract requirements.
· Active member of the Area’s management team, collaborating with Area leadership to meet company goals, while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
· Championing Safety and responsible for driving and embedding safety culture to the whole Rig teams.
· Responsible for managing customer relationships, collaborating on and managing start-ups, operational execution status, demobilizations, and short-term strategic objectives.
· Accountable for ensuring all Rig operations are conducted in accordance with national and international acts and regulations, Seadrill’s policies, directives and procedures labour union agreements and financial regulations (Sox).
· Collaborates with other Rig Managers and Functions to achieve the organization’s goals and objectives, identifying and directing improvement where appropriate.
· Responsible for the management and review of the Rig contract, ensuring that the unit and personnel meets the requirement
· Evaluate well program and assist client with continuous well optimization.
· Support the management onboard in safe practices to maintain primary well control and to regain primary well control if primary well control is lost
· Working actively with the Rig management and Crews to eliminate dropped objects
· Provide and contribute to the development of leadership capabilities among senior rig personnel and rig team.
· Ensure training, development plans and appraisals of all rig personnel is in accordance with Seadrill’s directives.