Company: Petro Staff International
Skills: Drilling Consultant, Drilling Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Doha, Qatar
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Plans, technically manages and facilitates drilling activities fully aligned with Group technical and SHE standards. Responsible for providing fully qualified Drilling Engineering support for technically complex development projects. Progresses projects fr om planning and concept selection through to engineering design and safe operational execution. Develops drilling design strategies, writes drilling programs, performs drilling analyses/calculations, provides drillwell surveillance, and acts as a focal point for continuous improvement by implementation of technology transfer and application of best practices.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Plans, develops and writes drilling programs that include casing design, mud specifications, cementing, BHA and bit selection, hydraulics, wellheads, well control, and other drilling parameters.
2. Leads through technical support of drilling operations offshore and onshore.
3. Responsible for wellbore and equipment integrity during drilling operations.
4. Leads the preparing of comprehensive Drilling Risk Management strategies covering areas of safety & health, environmental impacts, emergency preparedness, well control procedures and relief well contingency plans.
5. Assists procurement activities (pre-qualifications, tendering process, and bid evaluations). Focus will be on long lead-time and critical items (rigs, wellheads, casings, etc.).
6. Assists QA / QC activities (audits, technical reviews, inspections, specifications). Focus will be on long lead-time and critical items (rigs, wellheads, casings, etc.).
7. Implements Monobore and Big Bore technology in conjunction with Completions engineering and shareholder technical resources. Includes wellheads, liners and related equipment.
8. Provides technical support for Drilling Operations.
9. Assists management in areas of Performance Measurement and Continuous Improvement. Facilitate communication and teamwork.
10. Evaluates drilling and recommends effective modifications to enhance/improve the drilling process. Ensures drilling execution in line with intended plan. Plays an important role interacting with Geoscience.
• B. Sc. Engineering Degree.
• 4 years post-degree, relevant working experience (e.g. Drilling Engineering) or 6 years relevant industry experience; preference for experience in Offshore Drilling.
• Well control proficiency. Commitment to safe, environmentally sound well construction. Experience with H2S well designs and safety practices.
• Awareness of emerging Drilling Industry technology and capable of assessing new technology for implementation wh ere appropriate.
• Experience in leadership role (formal or informal).